Friday, December 4, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas



Good Morning! 
Hope your day is off to a great start. This time of year can be a bit overwhelming and I'm up to my neck in holiday decorating and gift wrapping. The old saying is true - a woman's work is never done - yet somehow every Christmas we pull it off. :) I can't tell you how much I miss my fairy though (aka my college girl) because she always helped out with decorating. Now I am the Chief Elf and work diligently to have everything together so the house is full of Christmas cheer when she arrives home. The bright side is she's there to help me pack everything up. I do have to credit my hubby for helping me bring the boxes down and for setting the tree up, thanks dear. :)

Let's move on with my Christmas Pocket Letter, I recently participated in a 9 Days of Christmas swap and shared my PL a few days ago on my blog. I received a message from a lady who said that she'd requested to be my swap partner and was disappointed when we weren't matched up. She mentioned that she started a PL in hopes I'd trade with her.....I was very flattered and there's no way I could say no. So this PL went to my new pal, Maya, in New York and I'm thrilled she loves it.

The theme of my pl was spelled out on the Brenda Walton Christmas dp I used and I added a 3D snowglobe sticker to the 3rd pocket and a holly chipboard sticker to the outside.  

I used Snow-Tex by Deco Art to build up my snowy scene. As I've said before I can't tell you how much I love this stuff. The trees are a Taylored Expressions die cut and I used corrugated paper by DCWV. The house was fussy cut from Brenda's paper and I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the outline of the roof. A cardstock sentiment sticker was added to the front of the pocket along with a 3D poinsettia and snowflakes by Fancy Pants.

A holly border and another 3D poinsettia was added to the front and I used a sentiment from the paper collection for the first pocket. Santa is part of the 12x12 dp I used by Brenda Walton for K and Co.. I decorated the spine with red glitter washi tape by Heidi Swapp and two holly brads. 

Because the back of the paper was double sided it's hard to see the goodies but I based it on the 9 Days of Christmas as I did the one I made for my group swap partner so she received 1, 2, 3, etc. of something in the coordinating pockets. 

 Sorry for the glare!

For my pal I gave her - 

1 piece of candy
2 Christmas brads
3 felt snowflakes
4 Melissa Frances candy canes
5 red satin bows
6 mitten stickers
7 washi tape and ribbon samples
8 Christmas chipboard buttons
9 jingle bells

and a partridge in a pear tree.


I'm excited to share the adorable pl I received from my pal in New York.
Edited: I have removed her PL upon her request. Even though I watermarked it she wasn't comfortable with me sharing it on my blog. You'll have to take my word for it, it was very cute.

These have been so much fun to make and share with you. In case you haven't dropped by in a while there's been a post every day this week with a new pocket letter. Seems I can't stop myself lol! 
Have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are!
Lisa xx


4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Goodness - aren't all these pockets so colorful and fun!

Asia King said...

It certainly is beginning to look a LOT like Christmas! Lol :). Fabulous pockets, love the papers! Hugs xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Both are gorgeous and I'm not at all surprised that she was thrilled with yours Lisa. There is so much work and thought put in to each pocket.
Lorraine

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! This really is fabulous! I had a look back at your posts and just adore what you have been creating! Chrisx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...