Tuesday, December 1, 2015

9 Days of Christmas Pocket Letter



12  9 Days of Christmas!

We're all familiar with the song - 12 Days of Christmas - but when you're making a pocket letter there are only 9 pockets therefore in the world of Pocket Letter Pals it's now known as the 9 Days of Christmas. :) Using the same concept in the song we were asked to fill the back of each pocket with 1 of something, 2, 3, 4, ... you get the idea. Such fun!

Here are a few closeups plus the 9 Days of Christmas goody pockets.
{click on image for better viewing}
Top Row-I started by using two dp's by Bo Bunny and mixing elements from both. On the middle pocket I stamped a sentiment by TE's Sparkle and Cheer stamp set. A 3D Greetings sticker was added to the first pocket and the ornaments on the 3rd pocket were enhanced with Stickles glitter glue. Plastic numbers were altered with Adirondack paint dabbers and glued to the front of each pocket.

Rows 2 and 3 are shown together so you can see how I used the dp to my advantage. I fussy cut the mantle and stockings and added them as well as the saying on the bottom right pocket. Presents were fussy cut from a coordinating Bo Bunny dp and popped up for dimension with Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares. Candy Cane Stickles were applied over the ribbon on the tree for sparkle and I used scrap pearls from a large bling swirl for ornaments. Copper Stickles outline the star on top of the tree and I also added Stickles to the stockings so they'd sparkle to. 

I added Heidi's Marquee tape and blue ribbons to the spine. I'm so happy my pal, Ginger, loves her PL! Can't wait for hers to arrive. :)


Now let's check out those goodies....
I sent my pal...

1 piece of candy
2 Christmas brads
3 burlap bows
4 Melissa Frances candy canes
5 washi tape samples
6 Christmas clothes pins
7 felt snowflakes
8 light bulb stickers
9 Christmas tags

and a partridge in a pear tree........


I told you it was fun! I am loving the Pocket Letter Pal community and it has been such a wonderful experience. While I have more Christmas PL's to share with you I thought I'd sneak in a Smaller Pocket Letter tomorrow with a shabby chic vibe to it. 

I'm off to pack up Thanksgiving decorations (that's what happens when you travel for the holiday) and begin my Christmas decorating today. 
There's so much to do!!! I need an elf to help me get it all done. :(
Missing my girl!
Lisa xx






1 comment:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE these! Thanks for sharing this wonderful ART!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...