Monday, August 31, 2015

Art Journal Play



My poor blog has been neglected the past few weeks with moving my daughter to another apartment and taking a family vacation to Branson. We certainly did not know we'd be moving her when the trip was planned but it provided a nice break from all the packing. Thankfully she's in a better place with huge closets (girls love those), more living space, a fantastic outdoor space for our grand dog to play, and less noisy neighbors. :)

After recovering a few days, yes I needed to recover, I went downstairs to my crafty room and played in my large Dylusions journal. There was no plan in place and I started by spraying some of my favorite colors on the page using Dylusions and Mister Huey ink sprays. I always use Dyan's trick of rolling a paper towel roll over the pages to soak up the excess ink. Don't throw them away because you can use them in your art, if not on your current project then another one perhaps. 


I added strips of drywall tape and random stamps by Tim Holtz in various places. The stars were stenciled with a Dylusions stencil and Archival Leaf Green permanent ink. To shade them I used a black Stabilo pencil and went over the lines with a paint brush dipped lightly in water for a deeper effect. Stamping the letters with a speckled dot stamp (by Tim) helps them pop a bit. 


This song popped in my head and I decided to spell it out with alpha stickers and foam thickers for dimension. I love how Finn's Dots and Stripes stencil and Modeling Paste adds great background texture. Because I love circles I added a few using gesso and a cap from one of the nearby products I was using. That's a trick I learned from Kate Crane, thanks Kate!


I'll be back on Friday with my design team project for The Cutting Cafe and in case you haven't heard yet there's something new coming to Adventures in Paperland. Don't miss it!

Have an awesome day, wherever you are!
Lisa xx




2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, fabulous stamping on a great rainbow page - this is amazing, Lisa!
Alison xx

Pia S said...

I can sense you had fun making this page, having no plan but letting your mojo flow...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...