Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Furry Babies Mini Album



I'm sharing a fun project for The Cutting Cafe that features the Photo Background Printable Stamp. In addition I used the Camera Photo Shaped Holder Template...Cutting File which coordinates with the printable stamp. 

I created this mini for my furry grand babies, Rosie and Felix, and for the new addition we're expecting. My hubby has finally relented and we are getting a beautiful little girl next month. Her name is Sophie and she's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just like my furry granddaughter, Rosie. I can't wait! So actually this mini is more like a brag book. :)



The Cutting Cafe


PHOTOS

2010-11-29_194529


A few close ups of the cover of my mini. 


I trimmed a 12x12 dp from Graphic 45's Communique collection to 8.5x11 and printed the Photo Background printable stamp on it. Then I imported the Camera Photo Shaped Holder cutting file into my Silhouette Cameo library by 

1. Open Silhouette
2. Click on File > Import > Import to Library 

at this point a window opens for you to select the file - it's important that you've extracted the file before you do this and second that you select SVG (*svg) as the file type, not the automatic Silhouette file. You have to make this change before you can see all of the files in the folder.

3. Select the SVG (*svg) as file type
4. Choose your cutting file
5. Click OPEN and import

My Cutting Cafe files go directly to the My Own Designs folder in the Silhouette Library. To keep my non Silhouette files straight I create a separate folder so I can click on the file image and drag it to the correct folder. It helps me stay organized and I hope this info will help some of you just starting out with your Silhouette Cameo. 



To create this mini I went rummaging in my alterables stash and found a 7 Gypsies Book Cover I purchased on clearance, ages ago. I decorated the front but left the back cover alone. The other pages are chipboard which I cut to size and each one is covered with Graphic 45's - Raining Cats and Dogs collection. The alpha's, flowers and cardstock stickers are also from the same collection.

I'll share the inside pages after we get our little girl next month. 
I won't forget, I promise.


Be sure to visit The Cutting Cafe's blog on the 7th to see all of the inspiration by the design team. If you leave a comment for the DT then you'll be in the running to win 3 FREE sets from Regina. Good Luck!

Have a great week everyone!
Lisa xx



8 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous recycle project--love it-can't wait to see pics of your new pup!!

Regina Easter said...

TOTALLY LOVING THIS MINI ALBUM...GREAT JOB

Meihsia Liu said...

What a gorgeous creation! Lisa. Love it! :)

Tina Goodwin said...

Oh my beautifulness! I love this so much!

Pia S said...

I considering investing in a Silhoette machine, I get so much inspiration from you and Lisa M on how to use these files... This looks super!

Shirley said...

The album is wonderful and I know your babies would be very proud of their album. You and my daughter would be great friends. She is running a rescue operation for dogs here in NC.

*Vicki* said...

HI Lisa!! What a stunning photo book!! Love the idea with the animals for it and it would make a great "brag" book for them!! :) Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Margaret said...

What a beautiful album and can't wait to see photos of the newest family member!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...