Monday, August 11, 2014

Faded Layers, Oh My!




Hello everyone, hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you happen to be!

I'm excited to share my project with you today because it's for someone special and it involves two of Tim Holtz's fabulous techniques. For those of you that play along with Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 you'll immediately recognize the "sand" technique from the July tag. I had to make more of that fabby sand! The "faded layers" technique is the current challenge for CC3C #8 and our lovely hostess is Linda Ledbetter. It seems we both love Tim's July tag. ;)  


CC3C 08 Faded Layers




Participants of the CC3C are working through the techniques Tim shares in his new Compendium of Curiosities III book. Want an autographed copy by Tim? Click here



While we can't share the technique out of respect for Tim I can share my process. To achieve the faded layers look on my background I used alcohol inks, Tim's alcohol ink cardstock by Ranger and his Burlap Layering Stencil.  I love the texture it adds! I die cut grunge board using the images from the Alterations Mini Sand and Sea die set. Cardstock was used to die cut my Alterations Spring Greenery images and I followed his techniques for the 12 Tags of 2014-July tag.


The "sand" technique is so cool and I can't wait to try his "snow" technique on my TH inspired Christmas projects this year. :) Since this is a b'day card for my sweet DIL I used a word band that I love-enjoy the journey. I hope each and every year is a happy one for her and that the journey will always be enjoyed!

DYK that Tim has released holiday word bands? Oh the joy!!!


The Funkie Junkie is sponsoring this challenge 
and offering a $25 gift certificate to a lucky CC3Cer!
The Funkie Junkie Boutique



**Edited** I'm back to share some wonderful news...


I won the prize pack from Tim and Mario and I'm thrilled. 
Thanks Curiosity Crew!!!


Thanks for looking today! I'm off to visit the Curiosity Crew and check out their amazing inspiration.
Enjoy your week!

Lisa xx


24 comments:

Candy C said...

Lisa...your card is amazing! I love your faded layers background using Tim's bubbles stencil and the colors you've chosen. They are fabulous for an underwater scene! Your seahorses and seashells are beautifully done! LOVE the texture and the color of them! Great job! Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

rachel said...

Hiya Lisa - this has to have been my fave tag ever - so clearly I'm gonna love your treatment of the faded layers challenge - adore this!! Hugs rachel xx

Redanne said...

Absolutely totally gorgeous Lisa, I love the seahorse die and you have made it look fabulous here! Anne x

Yvonne said...

Amazing!!! LOVE the whole thing. Just beautiful! Love how you incorporated the faded layers technique. Makes me want to go to the beach!!! Love all the textures. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Annette Green said...

That background effect of yours using the Faded Layers technique turned out SO great. A perfect stencil selection for your undersea themed card. I love the added sand and the real looking sand dollars. Clever!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh my, indeed! What a lush project, I love the background and I'm a real sucker for anything nautical! xxx

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful, love that background and the seahorses are stunning! ~Diane

Hels Sheridan said...

Stunning card and one that will for sure be treasured... lucky DIL! Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

GORGEOUS card! LOVE the stencil and you nailed the technique! Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us on this cool challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Pia S said...

Gosh, this looks fantastic, Lisa! I think this book is a good investment, I'think it's going to be put on Santa's wish list as it can teach me some new and clever techniques.
I love your card!
Ps: I have a candy on my blog, I'm giving away two Papercraft&Cardmaking magazines and the freebies that came with them to a lucky random winner. Head over for a closer look if you're not already a subscriber yourself...

Jackie PN said...

Lisa, this is beyond gorgeousness!! I love your seahorses!!! xoxo

Marjie Kemper said...

Your background is dreamy! Love the way you've worked with your layers and also the sweet sea theme. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

Regina said...

Lisa, it's absolutely gorgeous! The background is stunning!
Regina*

Susanne Rose said...

Wow! That's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love all the texture! Fantastic scene that you created!

Terry said...

Lisa, I love your "faded layers." The background is an ocean delight for the wonderful seahorse! Gorgeous!

Shirley said...

The tag was great, but this is just spectacular as a card! and I am really in love with the sand technique too! The whole card is so pretty!

Julia Aston said...

I just love this sand too Lisa! Doesn't it come out perfectly!! Your underwater scene is gorgeous with the wonderful background you created with the Faded layers!

Tina Goodwin said...

Lisa, This card is absolutely gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

You NAILED this one, Lisa! LOVE your faded background and the sand is so FAB! Super Gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your BIG WIN! YOU deserved it!

janna'scraftingattic said...

Congratulations , a well deserved win, lovely card x

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Congratulations, lovely card x

toni said...

Congratulations Lisa!!! This is a stunning piece of work , a very well deserved win ! Have fun with those goodies xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...