Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Scuba Anyone?




It's time to introduce the new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday which is  

~use two or more Ribbon/Twine on your project~

Samantha K is hosting for the first time and she did a wonderful job of writing the challenge post. Our talented Deneen has another fabulous tutorial to share so please drop TTT and let these ladies know how awesome they are. :)

For my project I created a tag featuring-Scuba Owl-by our sponsor, 2 Cute Ink. It fits nicely in the vellum pocket I added to the front and while I'd love to say I actually stitched the sides I didn't. Rub ons by Bo Bunny helped me out and I used a remnant rub on by Tim Holtz for the sentiment. A wide ric rac ribbon embellished with blue and turquoise Stickles adds some color and plays upon the water theme of my tag. As for the image I colored it with Prismacolor pencils, added Ranger's Glossy Accents to the mask and black diamond Stickles to the frame, tube and flippers. A metal grommet with two ribbons and one strand of twine finishes it. 



My daughter loves owls so I'm sure this card will make its way to her this fall when she goes back to college as a sophomore. I still can't believe how fast her freshman year flew by!


Prize is winner's choice of 2 digital images. 

Thank you for supplying the DT with images to create with!


For more inspiration pay my teamies a visit and check out their creations, you'll find their links on my right sidebar. Before I go, I have 2 prize packages up for grabs and the winners will be announced on my blog one week from today (10:00am  CST). If you haven't entered yet click the link in the sticky post (at the top) to do so and good luck.

Have a great day!
Lisa x

11 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa .I have not used vellum in soooo long ! Thanks for the inspiration .
Love the fun tag too.
Hugs Shirley-Anne

Lisa Minckler said...

What a hoot!! I love your little furry buddy with the faux stitching and the vellum pocket. Owl bet your daughter will really love this when she returns to college.
TTFN, (Can't think of any more puns!)
L2

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very Adorable!!! I totally LOVE it!!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a cute under water scene and I love the sparkly touches.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Shirley said...

What a totally cute little owl. I love the tag and what a really cute way to deliver it! I like the vellum envy. It give it a real under the sea look!! Your daughter will love it too and the ric rac waves are a wonderful embellishment! Very fun and uplifting!

morkaren said...

Sikken et skønt kort med en ugle, med dykkerbriller fantasifuldt og sjov. knus morkaren.

Words and Pictures said...

That's so cute - and so clever how he goes "underwater" inside the vellum!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

tehhehe what a clever idea he is so super cute love it! hugs me x

Sue Lelli said...

So CUTE! LOVE how he looks like he is under water in the vellum pocket!

Pia S said...

Just catching up on some of your work I missed out on while away on holiday! This card caught my eye, I just love owls, have never seen one scuba diving before, and I really like that vellum pocket, such a clever design for a card and tag combination! The Ricrac ribbon makes a great wave detail!

Margaret said...

Super cute!! I can't believe those are rub on stitches-fooled me! That is is so stinkin' sweet and I'm sure your daughter will absolutely love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...