Sunday, January 6, 2013

Make It Monday #122 with Saturated Canary

 
 
Hello and welcome to the first Make It Monday linky party of 2013!!!
 
 
I am excited because we are starting a new year and Michelle has lined up several new sponsors, the first being Saturated Canary. I used Krista's Salute Her digital image on my card & it's in honor of my daughter-in-law, Jessica, who works as a Pharmacy Technician in the U. S. Army. She is the first member of her family to join the military and she has truly dared to be different.
 
I colored the image with Copics and fussy cut it, a kraft panel was embossed with a Stars Impression Plate by TE and I stamped three stars onto vanilla cs with Mossy Mix'd Media Inx by Clearsnap and fussy cut those out too. Pop dots were used to add dimension to my digi image and the kraft panel was adhered to a green base. The sentiment and stars are from Verve stamps and I finished it off with a button and twine combo.
 
 
Pick Of The Week is...
 

 


 
As they say, you can't judge a book by its cover and there's more than meets the eye when you see the inside of this card too. I've included one of several photos Asha shared on her blog of the incredible view of the inside.  Yummy cupcakes, colored to perfection await you and a side shot reveals the amazing design of this card. You can see what I'm talking about by visiting her blog Sunny Summer Crafts and checking it out for yourself. Congrats Asha and thanks for sharing!   
 
 
On another congratulatory note I'd like to wish Michelle the best of luck with her new online store, Pink Paper Paradise Stamp & Colour, which she officially opened yesterday. You can check the details out on her blog here. Congrats Michelle!
 
 
New Online Store
 
 
Be sure to check out the inspiration by my teamies at Make It Monday or click their links on my right sidebar. As for me, I'm happy to be back in blogland after taking some time off to celebrate the holidays with my family. It was fun to be together again but it's also good to get back into the groove of normal everyday life. ;) 
 
Thanks for dropping by and spending some time with me today! 
 
Hugs,
Lisa xx


16 comments:

Peanut said...

Fab card, Lisa. You've captured teenage angst so well? Previous experience?! LOL.
Thank you so much for selecting my card as your POW. I am honoured!

hugs

Tracy said...

Love the embossed stars in the background Lisa. Great coloring job too. Red was a fun way to go. :-) Hugs!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Lisa
Amazing card . Love the image , the embossing and the paper piecing . Just a beautiful card design .
Awesome, popular POTW too.

Shirley-Anne

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you cut her out and the stars and the embossed background! FAB card!

Pia S said...

Dare To Be Different - what a fabulous sentiment! The embossed stars make a great background, and the green and kraft color combination looks fantastic!

Chrissy said...

This is awesome Lisa, love the embossed background. Fabulous image and colouring too, terrific card..and love your POTW..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa

Oh I love what you have created with this super image. It is just perfect for your DIL. The star embossed background is perfect for this theme.

Your POTW is a real winner, the front is pretty but the inside is wow!

Thank you for the wonderful shout out to my store too.

Hugs

Michelle :o)

Words and Pictures said...

Love your khaki lady... sassy and full of fun! And the two Lisas think alike on the top pick!
Alison x

Rene said...

This is awesome...those stars in the paper are fantastic!
Your POTW is yummy!!!!
Rene :D

lalkygirl said...

What a fantastic card for your DIL......love the sassy image and fab embossed background.....perfectly coloured ...I bet she will adore it
Tracey x

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful card Lisa .
I love the image and the color very much.
Greetings Janny

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lisa, this card is so cute. Love the pretty color scheme and beautiful layout. Asha's creation is awesome, too... :)

Lisa Minckler said...

I salute you on this card! You know I'm smiling from ear to ear on this one. :D
As for our twinkie POTW's....how fun is THAT card.
Biggest hugs and hope your week is eventual with crafting.
L2

Sandy said...

What an affirmative card for your DIL. Love the embossed background and the twine and you coloured this wonderful image in beautifully. Love that red hair
Great POTW very CAS on the outside and then a great surprise on the inside.
Hugs,
Sandy

Margaret said...

LOVE this! Your image is fabulous and you have put her in the most wonderful setting! Awesome card!!

Love the cupcakes on your potw!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa!! Sorry I haven't been over here for a while! Been looking through all your beautiful work and enjoying the beautiful colours and your lovely handiwork! You've got a real knack for cards! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...