Sunday, December 16, 2012

Make It Monday #120 with Meljen's Designs



Hello and welcome to Make It Monday's new linky party! Can you  believe how fast this year has flown by? I can't either and December has literally been a whirlwind around my house. If the decorating, baking, shopping, wrapping, waiting in the long line to ship your packages :( and the many other events going on this time of the year isn't enough I threw it a total reorganization of my craft room (mammoth project) and updating our son's old bedroom to accomodate his new status as a married man. Geesh Louise, I am tired and have miles to go yet lol. Oh well, enough of my crazy happenings how about you. Are you ready for Christmas and do you have all of your cards made? If not, I hope this CAS style card will give you some last minute inspiration. I love this image, Cheery Lights Mailbox, by Meljen's Designs and couldn't wait to color it. I trimmed and chomped the corners and added a green dp with a red gingham ribbon to accent. Easy peasy as they say and for a finishing touch I stamped Merry Christmas at the bottom.


Pick of the Week 


 
 
 
I love the vintage images of Santa and the tag design. Thanks for sharing Shirley!
 
 
I absolutely adored this entry by Rox as well :)
 
 
 
 
 
Sponsor
 
 

Prize is winner's choice of 4 single digi's!
 
 
 
Be sure to check out all of the inspiration by my teamies on the challenge blog or by clicking their links on my right sidebar. MIM will back in two weeks and I pray each and every one of you have a blessed Christmas.
 
Hugs,
Lisa xx

13 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Hi Lisa - your cheery mailbox really is cheery - lovely pops of colour against the snow, and great picks too - those trees are fabulous!
Alison x

Chrissy said...

Cutest little mail box in town Lisa, fabulous colouring love the CAS style, and love your P'sOTW..
The litte trees are sensational..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rene said...

This is darling! Love how you distressed the edges!
Rene :D

lalkygirl said...

what a fab card,love the sweet image and the CAS design is wonderful.
tracey x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa . Love your CAS card . Love the colouring of lovely image and nice touch that gingham ribbon .
Awesome picks to feature on your post too.
Merry Christmas to you and yours Lisa. May your cup runneth over.
Shirley-Anne

Marjorie said...

Love your card Lisa, and such a lovely pick for this week too..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

MiniOwner said...

A super card, Lisa, and I like those tags for your PotW, too. Happy Make it Monday. :o)
Sue x (Miniowner@36)

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa

Oh gosh I'm tired just reading about everything you have been doing this month!! I'm afraid with the whole end of the school year thing, the boys being home on holidays and me being down with the flu, I have zilch organised for Christmas. At least the boys got the Christmas tree up and decorated.

Your card is sweet, love this little letterbox image.

Your picks this week a wonderful, those trees look amazing.

Michelle :o)

Angela said...

I just wanted to stop by and comment on the MIM DT's blogs...love the challenge blog. Great clean and simple card...the gingham ribbon is the perfect embellishment!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lisa, your mail box card is so cute. Love how you colored it. And both your POTW are awesome!!! Hope you have wonderful holidays!!! Love & hugs.. :)

Misty's said...

Hi Lisa
Thank you for your inspirational card over at MIM. It's beautiful. Love the simplicity of it. The colour palette is very cheerful and the image is gorgeous...beautifully coloured in. Love the little touch with the ribbon too.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
Michaela xx

Pia S said...

I think this clean design is great to show off the sweet letter-box image. The rounded corners is a nice touch, and the gingham ribbon adds to the Christmas feel of this card.

Margaret said...

I love the bright, cheerful colors on your image and that sweet gingham bow!
Both of your POTW are wonderful! Love the trees!!
Reorganizing your craft room and your son's room while preparing for Christmas?! I'm beginning to think you're really Wonder Woman in disguise...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...