Friday, June 22, 2012

I've been thinking about you



Hello and welcome! I totally meant to post this yesterday but this week has taken twists and turns of its own beyond my control. So here I am on the final day with my entry for Our Creative Corner-Button 'n Burlap or Bows challenge and I'm using Card Patterns Sketch # 169 for inspiration. I also plan to link up with Make It Monday #94 where anything goes. Here's a little close up of my challenge requirements.




This card is for my mom and I've been thinking about her lately. :) She loves flowers so I used Authentiques's Gathering dp's to put this little number together. Per the OCC challenge requirements we had to use buttons, burlap or bows. Even though my card is relatively small, 4x6, I found a way to include all three which made me happy. The burlap anchors my orange twill ribbon and the button & burlap bow draw the eye to my sentiment banner. I did not want to compete with the beautiful floral dp so I die cut two rosettes from a coordinating dp and anchored it with the smaller rosette {which was not accordion folded} and placed a teal pearl to add a pop of color. The base is bittersweet chocolate and I've been thinking about chocolate chip cookies ever since so I think I'll go now and whip up a batch.

Thanks for stopping by and hurry if you want to play with the OCC challenge and the sketch.
Have a great weekend everyone,
Lisa

Supplies:
Stamps: Small Phrases (Verve)
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink (T!m Holtz/Ranger)
Paper: Gathering (Authentique), bittersweet chocolate cs (Bazzill)
Accessories: Easy Rosettes 017 die (The Cat's Pajamas); Nested Pennants die (Spellbinders) burlap (Jo-Ann's); orange twill ribbon (TE); brown burlap string (WMS); orange vintage style button (Jenni Bowlin); teal pearl (Kaisercraft); 3D foam dots (Therm O Web)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful! Like your choice of papers and colours!
Saw you on MIM.
Love Pearl x

Sue Lelli said...

Oh, Lisa! This card for your Mom is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the flower paper and the rosette and that burlap which is a FAB detail! Wonderful card!

Patrice said...

Love the flowers - I hope you'll link up with me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-25.html

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Lisa! Love the fan fold embellishment and pretty patterned paper!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Lovely colors and beautiful patterns make for a delightful card. Your rosette is stunning. I think your mom is going to love it! Great take on the OCC challenge. So great to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

lalkygirl said...

what a beautiful card ,gorgeous colours ..those papers are divine
thanks for joinig us at MIM and good luck
tracey x
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Unknown said...

Such a happy card!! :) really nice!!!

Paper Panda said...

Saw your card on MIM for challenge 94, and had to come and take a closer look. This is a beautiful card, the papers are so pretty and I love the colours!

My card is no 238 this week if you'd like to take a look :-)

Mandy x

Lisa Minckler said...

Phew....just in time!! LOL :)
L1, I think the world of your card; especially since it's for your mom. Your attention to detail and arrangement on this is stellar. I love that rosette and the the DP...a truly stunning card. 4x6 is small? How big do you usually make your cards?
I had the best time drinking my coffee and enjoying your card this morning. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lisa, this is such a gorgeous card! I love the bright color scheme so much. Your choice of DP and layout is fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing with us creativity on Our Creative and Make It Monday. Have a nice weekend... :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You made it in time!!! This is so beautiful! I love your whole color pallet and the design is laid out so well. I especially love the tiny banner and sentiment all embellished up. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!!!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! Love that poppy paper and your rosette is gorgeous! Like that twine bow and button too! Very pretty color combo as well!!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I absolutely adore poppies and seeing your sweet card really made me smile :). Happy MIM! x

Sandie said...

Beautiful card for your Mum, love the flowers, they are so pretty!

Pauline said...

A gorgeous card for your mum Lisa, I love these papers too, that poppy design is so striking. Beautifully designed, I'm sure your mum will cherish this.

Shannon White said...

Wow! so Pretty Pretty Lisa! I know your Mom will Love this! The dp's are soo Lovely and such a Wonderful color combo too! The touch of burlap and Sweet rosette are just the Perfect touches too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jackie Rockwell said...

The warm colors and beautiful patterns are wonderful Lisa! Your Mom will adore it!!! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty Lisa what a lovely mix of patterned papers and I adore the flower well done Hugs Elaine

Anna-Karin said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love that flower paper that you used and the accordion flower is fabulous. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

~Tammy~ said...

Great selection of papers! Love the touch of burlap and that fun button!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...