Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CR84FN53


Hi there and welcome! I'm back today to play along with the current CR84FN Color Challenge and our main colors are pink, aqua and neutral. My original intent was to make a wall hanging but I changed course and decided to capture memories of motherhood, in honor of Mother's Day, in this mini photo album instead. This is a page I created with a photo of my mom and me which I printed in black and white. The fabulous inspiration photo definitely sparked my creative spirit and I can't wait to finish my project.



I began by cutting a piece of recycled cardboard to use as a base and decided on aqua which brought in a key main color. Next I randomly stamped distressed dots for texture and after adding my next layers I added rub-ons. The edges were softened with pink ink and I die cut a doily to bring in pink as a main color. A distressed dp and an aqua/cream label, which was a gift from Emma's Paperie, works with my main colors and both have a vintage feel to them. The kraft tag & chipboard scroll were painted with acrylic paint and together with the lock they add some dimension. The paper flowers & rose cabochons accent the page in the challenge colors and two Bonjour butterfly stickers bring in a touch of spring. Some fussy cutting on the pink text butterfly, a few rub-ons and T!ms's Chitchat Stickers which I distressed finished my project. I am not sure how I want to orientate my album {top or side} so I'm holding off on punching the holes just yet. In the coming pages I hope to add some homemade touches through handmade flowers, the possibilities are endless. ;)

Sorry for being MIA lately, I traveled out of town last week and caught a nasty cold along the way. A big welcome to my newest blog followers and I'll be by to visit everyone soon & leave a sweet comment. Have a super day!
Lisa

Supplies:
Stamps: Distressed Dots (Unity Stamp Co.)
Paper: Spring Jubilee & London Market (Pink Paislee), Annalee pink dp (Prima)
Ink: Memento Angel Pink & Antique Linen Distress Ink (T!m Holtz/Ranger)
Accessories: chipboard scroll, tag & pink burlap string (Maya Road); Die-namics Decorative Doily die (MFT); flowers & cabochons (Prima & Recollections); butterfly stickers (Kaisercraft); rub-ons (Studio 112); distress tool (T!m Holtz); lock charm (Blue Moon); Americana Baby Pink & Antique White acrylic paint

14 comments:

Cyndy said...

Lisa, I love this! I can actually remember you that little. Brought sweet memories today! Thanks! Love you! Cyndy

Lisa Minckler said...

L1, It's beyond delightful. I almost cried when I saw that wonderful picture of you and your mother. The page would have been exquisite without anything else, but OH MY WORD, the embellies are superb. I love all the acrylic painting and the layers of texture. You have nailed the challenge to a T. ALSO, WOW....I've never thought to flip an album to hang differently. That is so unique....thank you for the spur of creativeness you've given me. :)
I do hope you're feeling better VERY soon.
Hugs to you my friend,
L2

Lucia said...

Hi Lisa! It's been a long time :) And what a WONDERFUL post do I find on your blog??? This is... aw, sweet, beautiful, amazing!!! The picture and the whole project, you did such a great job!Love LOVE the embelishment! xxxxxxx

Jeanne J. said...

Oh WOw! I think this is really wonderful! I love all the awesome embellishments - a real treat for the eyes! The colors are beautiful and that photo is the center of attention here!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty page Lisa! I love the beautiful photo of you and your Mom! What a keepsake that will be treasured for years to come! Love the beautiful butterfly and all the pretty blossoms! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Cheryl said...

Your layout is simply gorgeous! I love the vintage feel and all the pretty details.

Unknown said...

Lisa what beautiful colours, they are like those you see in oil on water. Great layout, and super photo, well done Hugs Elaine

~Tammy~ said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Your layout is just gorgeous! Wonderful and beautiful memories preserved in such an elegant way!

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, I agree with L2 that the photo would have been FAB all by itself but all of your embellies and the butterfly and details are just STUNNING! LOVE this! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for dropping by my blog! :) Hope you are all fully recovered now! The stamp you were asking about is from Unity Stamp Co. Its called "Bold Insight" http://unitystampco.com/product/678-bold-insight.aspx

Pauline said...

What a beautiful page, perfect for mothers day, and captures our colours perfectly.
Thanks for joining is at CR84FN this week!

Shannon White said...

Wow! This is soo Pretty Pretty! Love all your Wonderful embellies and Sweet butterflies and the colors are such a perfect match for our color challenge too! Just a Wonderful page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN! 8-)

Margaret said...

How wonderful is that picture?! While there is this gorgeous vintage style feeling to this page, we all know you are not nearly old enough to be classified as part of a vintage project, so I will just call it classically wonderful! Gorgeous embellishments! Hope you are feeling much better now!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

love the color scheme! the picture is so beautiful! the butterfly's and the flowers are so CUTE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...