Friday, April 27, 2012

TE Monthly Calendar Challenge




Hello and welcome! I'm back today with my April entry for the Taylored Expressions Calendar Challenge. Each month we are challenged to make a calendar using one of TE's calendars and any stamps we choose. They offer downloadable and pre-printed calendars and usually I choose the current month from the 2012 6x6 Dated Calendar Download but this month I opted for the 2012 Desktop Calendar Inserts.

I cropped it to fit on my 6x6 dp from Simple Stories Fabulous collection and since the background was stark white I used distress ink to soften it a bit. My calendar came together quickly with supplies from the April Key Ingredient Kit which Taylor offers as a subscription. The paper pad, ribbon and paper flowers were all part of the kit so no need to worry about everything coordinating. The corrugated cardboard butterfly was cut with a TE's Butterflies die  and I applied pearl acrylic paint then dusted it with pink glitter and added three bliss pearls for embellishment. To finish I stamped the sentiment from Garden Party Blooms in Memento's Rich Cocoa ink and added some liquid pearls around the border. Simple & Sweet!

If you'd like to play along you can view the rules here on Taylor's blog and good luck.
Have an awesome weekend , 
Lisa

Additional Supplies:
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink (T!m Holtz/Ranger)
Accessories: Adirondack Metallics Pearl Acrylic Paint Dabber & Flamingo Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Valentine twine (Doodlebug); corrugated cardboard (Jillibean Soup); Crystalescent glitter-Pink (Mark Ent.); bliss pearls (Kaisercraft)

6 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Oooooh I like!!!The pennants with the flowers and the printed doily - the butterfly - just fab accents - very pretty! This will keep you organized in style girl!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the sweet little banner and gorgeous butterfly!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the crinkled butterfly and the flower pennants! So so pretty Lisa!

Margaret said...

Such a pretty calendar page! The paper and the butterfly are perfect for spring! Love the banner with the pink flowers!

Sandie said...

So very pretty Lisa, and something you will always use! Gorgeous flowers and design.

Nancy Jensen said...

So CUTE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...