Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thank You


A new year and a new challenge! Last month the creator of Play Date Cafe, Julie Ranae, invited me to play along in her challenge and I was so excited. I love this challenge and even though color challenges throw me for a loop sometimes they force me out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing. The colors for this week are juniper, mint and vanilla and I did bring in one neutral color, brown, for my stamped images. Of course it helps to have a great sketch to work with and this week I used Claire's (WMS owner/designer) sketch and entered her challenge as well. The stamps are from three different sets and I personally love how she designs her stamps to interact with other WMS sets so that you have numerous options to work with. :-) Here's my card for the PDCC#113 and WMSC79 challenges. 




Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!
~Lisa

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper: Lost & Found (MME); Reflecting Pool cs (Coredinations); French Vanilla cs (Bazzill Basics)
Accessories: Spellbinders Standard Classic Circles; Portabello Road brad (MME); 3D foam dots (Therm O Web); Vanilla Seam Binding (Prairie Bird Boutique); distressing tool (T!m Holtz)







8 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Juniper and mint? WOW...now those are some amazing colors to work with. Your air mail card is just stunning.. I think you knocked those challenges out of the water. :)

Hope you're enjoying the rest of your weekend.
L2

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Lovely to meet you! :) Thanks for your kind words on my blog! It's lovely to meet a new friend! I love the colours you used on this card!

Margaret said...

These colors are beautiful and I love what you've done with them! The cocoa added the perfect amount of warmth to these cool colors!

Renee said...

So gorgeous!
The colors are stunning...
but that rosette is beyond words...
love it!! :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at WMSC!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful card, Lisa! Fabulous combination of the colors, and I'm lovin' those distressed edges! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the subtle colours and clean feel to this one, great job with the circle feature too! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a pretty card - the colours are soft and delicate. It's lovely!

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, this card is just GORGEOUS! LOVE how you used three sets of stamps and those wonderful colors! PRETTY card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...