Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A new day and a new challenge...


Good morning and thanks for stopping by today. I'm here to share a card that I am entering in the CR84FN46 Color Challenge and a *new to me* challenge, CAS-ual Friday's. I am coming in under the wire for the CAS challenge so I'll make this short and sweet. I used the CR84FN46 main colors of light pink, yellow & neutral with the scallop requirement for the CAS-ual Friday's challenge. Here's the graphic for the CR84FN46 Color Challenge showing our main colors and photo inspiration.


I started with a Hero Arts pre-made card and punched two MS Layered Arches borders which I accented with White Opal liquid pearls by Ranger. I painted two Maya Road chipboard hearts with Pearl Adirondack Acrylic Paint, let them dry and then added some sparkle with Pinkie Fairy Dust glitter. I die cut a banner from TCP's Easy Rosette 017 and used the small rosette as a backdrop for my Prima French White Fairytale Rose. The foam heart was die cut from Verve's From the Heart die set and the stamps are also from Verve. Black and white were the two neutrals I used and otherwise I remained true to the main colors of light pink, yellow and neutral. The scallops come into play with my punched borders and I separated them with pink polytwill ribbon for a little added sweetness. ;)

Thanks again for stopping by and I always enjoy your sweet comments!
Have an awesome day,
Lisa

Stamps: Dream Big & Love Notes (Verve)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Color Narcissus
Paper: soft pink vellum, Annalee dp -backing on lg. heart- (Prima), yellow cs, Choice Snow White (TE)
Accessories: From the Heart die (Verve); Easy Rosette 017 (The Cat's Pajamas); pink polytwill ribbon; craft foam; glitter; acrylic paint; border punch; liquid pearls; paper flower; 3D Glue Dots

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Lovely, Lisa. Love the little accents you did on the borders, nice details!

Margaret said...

Very pretty! I love the elegant scallop border and the hugs and kisses banner with the heart!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Love the shimmery heart frame and heart combo! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh, woah...wow! Lisa, this knocked my socks off! I never thought to use yellow for a Valentine's Day card. Just gorgeous. Man o' man....Martha Stewart better watch herself!

Hugs,
Lisa xx

Lucia said...

Hi Lisa!
This card is really gorgeous! Good luck with the challenge! And I have to agree with Lisa, i love the colors, yellow was a great idea! Thank you so so much also for stopping by my channel! I always enjoy your lovely comments :)
Lucia xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely CAS design - the scalloped ribbon is just fabulous, and I do like the sentiment - so true!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...