Thursday, November 3, 2011

Viva la Verve Week 5




Hi all, sorry for not posting my pumpkins as promised but look for them tomorrow. For now I am entering this card in the VLV October Week 5 challenge and the sketch is provided by one of my favorite diva's, Andrea Ewen. I love that I could bring this card together in a jiffy because of the simplicity of this sketch. I can see so many options for this one and it's definitely a go-to for me in the future. Here's Andrea's fabulous sketch for Week 5 of October.




I used DP's from Basic Grey's Porcelain paper pack and paired them with a coordinating shimmer cardstock. A Lacey Oval and Standard Oval follow the sketch requirements closely but I opted for a Winter Rose by Prima to accent the main stamped panel instead of a circle. The sentiment is from the Words of Wisdom set Julee released in August and I love the fonts and great sentiments. It is definitely a must have set in my book and some branches from the Sunny Days set complete my panel. A row of clear rhinestone embellishments add a little bling and finish it off. 

Just in case you didn't know, I love this sentiment and how very true it is. Life isn't always perfect but we decide whether it is wonderful or not. 

I'll be back tomorrow with my 3D pumpkins and sorry for being MIA the past two days. Have fun and enjoy your life! :-) 
~Lisa

Stamps: Sunny Days & Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper: Porcelain (Basic Grey), Choice Snow White (TE store), shimmer cardstock
Ink: Fired Brick Distress Ink (T!m Holtz), Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Lacey Circles, Standard Circles Lg., Lacey Pennants (Spellbinders); Winter Rose Vanilla Ice (Prima); clear rhinestones (PS) 

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Lisa. Love the oval panel with the pretty images. The flower is gorgeous and the polka-dot paper is awesome. :o)

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness...the anticipation grows! Now I really can't wait to see those pumpkins. :) But thank you for throwing me a bone to keep my curiosity at bay with this wonderful and very true card. That is a gorgeous sketch, but I think you've truly brought so much more to it!
Hugs,
Lisa xx
P.S. Now I have to put pennants on my wish list. That is so beautiful. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...