Monday, October 10, 2011

Viva la Verve Week 2




I'm back today with my entry for VLV's Week 2 Sketch Challenge and finally it's a masculine card. It's for that reason that I deviated from the sketch, slightly, and substituted a cowboy hat for a "heart" and every cowboy needs his boots, right? Other than that, I kept the sketch intact and found a paper which had "grids" like the graph paper on the bottom circle panel so loved that. The brown ric rac ribbon gives me the zig zag look with no sewing necessary which made me happy because sewing is just not my thing, unfortunately. (Frankly I am dangerous around a sewing machine but hope to work on this : D ) This is definitely a CARS (clean & relatively simple) card and came together in a flash. Here's the sketch by Teresa Kline and loved this one so you'll see it again soon I am sure.



That's all for me today, hope all of you are having a wonderful day wherever you are. I'll be back tomorrow with a card that I have created using a "new to me" sketch challenge and some info on how you can help two papercrafters, if you choose to.

~Lisa

Stamps: Small Phrases (Verve)
Paper: Wanted (Cosmo Cricket), Choice Buttercream (TE store), cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Standard Circles Large (Spellbinders); brown ric rac ribbon (my stash); cardstock stickers (Karen Foster Design/Texas)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...