Wednesday, October 26, 2011

TESC 148



I'm back today with my entry for the Taylored Expressions #148 Sketch Challenge. In addition to the great sketch Taylor also challenged us to incorporate pink somewhere on our card and mail it to the patients at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to encourage them in their fight against this terrible disease.

I chose to make this card all about the DP and the Sweet Nectar paper pad by K & Co. worked perfectly. I stamped the sentiment from A Year of Sweet Sentiments on the bottom and embossed the center panel with Cuttlebug's Victoria embossing folder. Three hot pink Elements Pearl Brads on the left keep me on target with the sketch and I added two pink paper roses by Recollections for a feminine touch. I strayed from the original sketch by adding the ribbon where I did but it's a small liberty so hopefully it will be okay. I heavily distressed the striped DP and added a green Country Birds Whimsies and called it good.  

I gotta run but hope all of you have a great day wherever you are, thanks for stopping by!
~Lisa

Stamps: A Year of Sweet Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Sweet Nectar (K & Co.), Bazzill Chablis cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Elements Pearl Brads Brights (American Crafts); paper roses (Recollections); ribbon (Michael's)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...