Saturday, October 15, 2011

Merry Christmas

One of my favorite things to do is to CASE a card that really inspires me in some way. They say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" so it goes without saying that I truly admire the beautiful work of Kathy Jones, also known as Wattle at SCS, and here is her original card. I CASE'd the layout, stamped panel, and embellishments and this is what I came up with.



I wish I would've had the exact DP's she used because I love them and if anyone out there knows where I can find the Christmas Carnival paper pad by Kaisercraft please leave me a comment. I'd truly appreciate it! I also realized in hindsight that I did not get the balance I desired with the paper panels at the top, as she did, but it just gives me the opportunity to make another card and correct that, right? For me, that is what this adventure I am on is all about. I want to learn from my mistakes and grow in creative ways. I have to say the cluster of pearls in each corner is something that just puts the finishing "touch" on this card and I am going to "borrow" that a lot. :-) Her work with Copic markers is amazing and I hope you'll check out her blog, Inspired to Stamp, to see all of her gorgeous creations.

That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by!
~Lisa

Stamps: Christmas Ornaments (Just Rite Stampers)
Paper: Snowflake & Blue Polka Dot DP (MME), Red DP, (Jolly by Golly/Cosmo Cricket), Red Polka Dot DP (Tinsel & Twig/the Girls Paperie), Choice Buttercream (TE store), cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Labels Nine & Standard Circles Lg. Dies (Spellbinders); Double Morocco Lace Punch (EK Success); Copic Markers; Red Grograin Ribbon and Crochet Trim (Hobby Lobby); Bliss Pearls (Kaisercraft), Susan's Labels Template (HOTP)


2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! That ornament is gorgeous! Love your color combo and the pretty decorative edge!

Lisa Minckler said...

Your colors are brilliant and I really like the balance of the reds in this card.
There is so much movement and texture and yet, it all leads back to the main image to compliment it.
Nicely done! :D
Lisa xx
Thank you also for the laughs you left on my blog. That cracked me up. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...