Monday, October 17, 2011

CR84FN40 Week 2 Color Challenge



Hi there and welcome! I am entering today's card in my first ever CR84FN Color Challenge and this week  we are playing with the pretty color combo of red, brown and kraft. Take a look at our inspiration for this challenge.





I've been admiring this challenge for awhile and finally mustered up the courage to enter. There is major talent behind the scenes and from those who enter the challenge so it is a bit daunting. This week "sparked" my interest because Mona's husband, Scott, shared a wonderful quote from the late Steve Jobs. I decided to make this card for my DH to let him know just how much he means to me. My life wouldn't be complete without him and I thank God for my husband and the precious time He has given us. I can't imagine what the Jobs family must be going through right now, but I do hope they are comforted by the many prayers that have gone up on their behalf. Steve Jobs was a creative genius and he brought us joy through his amazing creations. He was a true pioneer in every way and we have been blessed by his presence here. 

I should note that I am also entering this card in the Viva la Verve Week 3 Challenge over at SCS. My card today used Maureen's awesome sketch which you can view here if you like. This is a busy week and needed to make this one do double time.

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Lisa

Stamps: You and I (Verve)
Paper: Kraft and cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Mini Paper Rosettes (T!m Holtz/Alterations); Loops Heart border punch (MS); Hearts Impression Plate (Taylored Expressions); Heart Circles Die (Spellbinders); Country Birds Whimsies (Webster's Pages); chocolate pearls (Kaisercraft); red brad (PS); chocolate ribbon (Hobby Lobby)




4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Lisa! The fan fold embellishments look wonderful and love the heart trim! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Andrea M said...

So glad you decided to enter!!! You card is so PRETTY!!! Love those embellishments! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Deborah Frings said...

Welcome to CR84FN - your card is just lovely. I really like the rosettes you've made and the pretty pearls - it's a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Cheryl said...

What a pretty card. I love those chocolate pearls! So glad you played along with us at CR84FN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...