Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Christmas Is In the Air

Hi everyone, I'm back today with my second altered gift tin and matching card. You can find all the info on how to make these cute gift card holders in my previous post so check it out. Peppermint Altoids, the tin I recycled and used, are packaged in a red tin which is perfect for Christmas. I went with the original colors, on both tins, and matched DP's to coordinate. Here's my project and card.





 I used DP's from Season's Greeting's by Echo Park. Love this paper pack!! For the tin I rounded the corners with my corner chomper and die cut the smaller pendant from Eyelets Pendants by Spellbinders. I matted a white piece of cardstock to the back so the die cuts would show up and embellished with Split Pea rhinestones, a stamped holly image from Just Rite's Holiday Cheer set worked perfectly and the berries are red rhinestones while the image itself was stamped in Memento's Bamboo Leaves. The card features more DP from the SG's paper pack and the stamped image is from Verve's Christmas in the Air set. The dotted wave punch by EK Success works here and I placed a sticker, yes I did, on the DP panel. It just seemed to work here and it's 3D so liked that as well, not to mention all the time I saved. :D A few more Split Pea rhinestones in the corner and I was finished. I've included an inside picture of both finished tins in case you were a little bit curious.


Yep, another 3D sticker on the left tin and a stamped image from Verve's Sweet Treats set for the one in blue. These were so much fun and I hope you'll give them a try.

It may be quiet on my bloggie for the rest of the week as I am in stress overload. Have you ever watched Fried Green Tomatoes? If so, then "Twanda" will make sense, if not then nevermind. Today is a "Twanda" day and I just know that blue skies are coming my way!
Have a good one,
~Lisa

Altered Tin Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Cheer (Just Rite Stampers)
Paper: Season's Greeting's by Lori Whitlock (Echo Park), cardstock
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Eyelets Pendants (Spellbinders); rhinestones (Kaisercraft); 3D sticker (K & Co.); red velvet ribbon (TE store)

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Christmas in the Air (Verve)
Paper: Season's Greetings by Lori Whitlock (Echo Park) cardstock
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Curved Rectangles Die (Spellbinders); Dotted Wave Punch (EK Success); 3D sticker (La Petites/PS); Split Pea rhinestones (Kaisercraft); red velvet ribbon (TE store)


1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

I can't tell if I like the blue or the green one more. Hmmmm, I can't decide, they are both uniquely wonderful and so perfectly decorated. What a great conversation piece too after they open it up. :D
Hope all is well in your world and I look forward to your posts when you get back.
Lisa xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...