Monday, September 26, 2011

Words of Wisdom


This stamp set is from Verve's August release and I love it! There are so many ways to use these sentiments and the fonts make it super fun too. So when my son celebrated his birthday recently  I wanted to use them for his card as words of wisdom (and encouragement.) The color palette was inspired by his favorite colors and the papers were distressd to give it the "aged" look. No bows on this card but I did tuck in a little ribbon and I added a "U" to personalize it. He loved it and that made my day :-)

I based my card on the VLV Sep 2011 Week 1 Sketch by Amber Hight below which was a little daunting at first. Most likely due to my mindset when I sat down to make this card. I did eventually pull it together and ended up loving this sketch and will definitely use it again.




Thanks for stopping by and check out all of the great entries in the Viva la Verve September Challenge at Splitcoaststampers for some awesome inspiration!

~Lisa

Stamps: Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper: Laced with Grace (Glitz), cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Classy Label Die (Verve), Standard Circles Lg. & Lacey Circles (Spellbinders), pearls (Kaisercraft), ribbon (Offray), marquee letters (Paper Studio)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...